If neither dominant party represents you, consider the
Vote for Speaker of the House
"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of "urgency",
when constitutional protections seem too extravagant to endure" – Thurgood Marshall
Or more so … Expediency is the gravest tyrant – Mike Kolls
Mike Johnson (R LA)
This three-week circus is a microcosm of today's 50/50 divided gov't. There is NO common purpose. There is NO spirit of compromise.
There is NO effort to follow the
The oligarchs pantomime a fake hatred … keeping us divided. Both parties play this dangerous game.
Nov 2023, if there is NO compromise,
shut it down. GOP propose your vision. Let the Ds say NO.
Jan 2023's multiple votes for the Speaker of the House were necessary
to quickly select a speaker is an example of the problems in Congress.
A quick affirmation would mean more of the same
… NO change that would benefit We The People.
A couple of days delay is a small price for improved governance.
The list of rule changes are most welcome.
- Reopening federal oil leases
Balanced Budget vote
- Spending appropriations via the 12 traditional appropriation bills
- New spending must be balanced with equal or greater reductions elsewhere
- More restrictions on extending the Debt Ceiling
- NO additional funding for the IRS (cancel the 2022 increase)
- New committee assignments to include Freedom caucus members
- Funding to research contested elections
- Funding to determine the source of Covid-19
- One Republican congressman can call for a vote of NO Confidence
- Voiding many rules implemented for the 117th Congress
I'm eager to see these rule in use.
Life, Liberty!, Property
Web Author - Mike Kolls